These homemade pretzels are easy to make.
Not only do they have a nice crunch, but they’re very soft and are salty enough to make you want more. These homemade pretzels are great to eat with different soups or with a flavored mustard or even as a appetizer.
These homemade pretzels are easy to make. Not only do they have a nice crunch, but they're very soft and are salty enough to make you want more. These homemade pretzels are great to eat with different soups or with a flavored mustard or even as a appetizer.
Chef and a Baker: Chef and a Baker
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2¼ teaspoon yeast
- 1 pound of flour all-purpose
- 2 ounces of melted butter
- 10 cups of water
- ⅔ cup of toasted baking soda
- egg wash
- kosher salt
- Combine water sugar and salt in a mixing bowl
- Sprinkle yeast on top and wait for five minutes until foamy
- Add flour and melted butter,mix with a mixer using a dough hook on low speed until combined
- After mixed well, place in large container and cover, rest for one hour or until the dough doubles in size
- In a separate pot on the stove top bring 5 cups of water and toasted baking soda to a boil
- Cut and roll pretzels into cigar shaped rope and bring into a U shape twist twice and make your pretzel shape.
- Put pretzel in boiling water with baking soda to set
- After the pretzel is set and rises to the top of the water, place on baking tray and brush with egg wash and sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 11 minutes in a 350° oven
- Your golden brown crunchy soft pretzels are ready to eat.